Head Circ.: 40.4 cm (66.5%)
He is healthy, happy & growing right on track!! Here are a few things that Nolan is doing these days.
He smiles...often....and we just LOVE it! Once he eats in the morning & is awake for the first hour or two he is HAPPY & really just seems to enjoy hanging out with us! He smiles & listens to what is going on around him & gives lots of toothless grins.
He is cooing & making sweet baby noises & we're also eating this up! He'll "talk" to us and then flash a big cheesy grin which melts our hearts. Even Connor will catch a glimpse of him grinning as pronounce "Nolan's smiling at you!" We can see some brotherly bonding happening amidst these little conversations :)
He is a stong little guy & likes to pick his head up alot if being held against your chest. He'll hold it up for quite a while & seems to be looking around at whatever is happening near by.
He is still eating every 2-3 hours but seems to be starting to (maybe?!?!) stretch those feedings out a little bit. I can't complain about frequent feeding sessions because he is generally very content in between or taking a nice nap so I'm able to make use of the in between time to play with Connor or do things at home (or check facebook, e-mail, pinterest...etc ;))
Due to his eating schedule he was up almost every 2 hours at night as well, but in the last week I've had more nights of 3 hour stretches & even one 4+ hour stretch too! Connor didn't sleep through the night until almost 4 months I think so I wasn't under any false impression that we'd be hitting 6+ hours quite yet.
As far as napping goes he seems generally predictable for now. After staying awake for an hour or 2 in the AM he will take a cat nap of less than an hour, wake up, eat & hang out again for a little bit. Then he'll take 1 or 2 longer naps throughout the afternoon which vary in length from 1-3 hours & often times he will take another cat nap later in the afternoon. He seems to be "going to bed" sometime between 7:30 & 8:30 at night and if he wakes up after this time he usually eats and goes right back to sleep.
He continues to be a a content & sweet little boy & we feel so blessed by him!!
I added a few pictures so you can see what Nolan has been up to see his 1 month update :)
Nolan received both of these beautifl crosses as baptismal gifts & big brother Connor must've been REALLY concerned that Nolan keep his faith close at heart because I kept finding Nolan like this for a few days after the baptism. I'd set the crosses on an end table or shelf in the living room & Connor would spot them & set them ON Nolan. Good reminder big brother, Jesus is in your heart!!! :)




Super cute chubby cheeks! And I love the crosses Conner puts by his 'heart'. Brotherly love! :)
ReplyDelete