Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mr. Popular

I walked into Walmart today with a sleeping baby Nolan in my cart. We only made it as far as the greeter before I was haulted in my mission to get in & get out as quickly as possible. "Kippy", the greeter, (I promise that was her actual name on her I.D. card) asked if she could look at my baby & I said yes. She took a little look & gushed over how cute he was, I smiled & thanked her & began to walked away. She then went on & on about how she had raised 5 kids over the last 32 years, the 5th one being her grandchild & she did it all alone as a single parent. She told me how one of her children still kind of lived at home & was back & forth between work & college so she wasn't truly an empty-nester after raising all of those kids. She told me about her 2 cats & 2 dogs and informed me that the one dog (the weiner dog) slept in a small doll bed & it liked to be kissed on the head each night before going to sleep (just like her daughter) & sometimes in the morning it would wake up but then go back to it's bed & wait for her to kiss it on the forehead again. She told me that one of the cats wouldn't live with her once her youngest daughter actually officially moved out, but the remaining animals would keep her company & she was thankful for that. She informed me that sleepy newborns were her favorite because they just like to snuggle & be held and that she doesn't like it when the kids get older because then they can really crawl all over the place. Good thing I didn't have Connor with me, she wouldn't have been a fan!!! ;) But my sweet, sleepy, Nolan was just perfect in her eyes. Each time I felt my conversation with Kippy reach a breaking point I inched my cart a little further away. I did have a shopping list to check off & as sweet as her admiration for my beautiful babe, I was also running on borrowed time! I think Kippy would've talked with me all morning if I had stayed there.


We were later stopped by another Walmart employee near the end of our visit who enthusiastically congratulated me on my baby.


But really who could blame them for finding this sweet face so super sweet?!!?!?

Nolan's good looks also scored us a ride to the front of the line at the doctor's office this morning. We walked in the door & were 4th in line. An older gentleman 2 people in front of me turned around as soon as we came in. He immediately walked back to say hello, take a look at Nolan & congratulate me on my beautiful child (so sweet of him!). He then glanced at my arms loaded with the infant carseat, diaper bag & purse and offered for me to go ahead of himself (and the man behind him). After making sure that the random man that didn't technically offer up his spot in line was truly ok with this I thanked them both & toted myself up to the receptionist. She also asked for a look at the baby & smiled & congratulated me. What a friendly visit to the doctor!!!
Mr. Popular is already charming his way into everyone's heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment