Christmas '09 was a bit of a blur for me. Connor was about 2 1/2 months old, I was still very much sleep deprived and had been battling complications from mastitis on and off since early November. Let's just say that my photo folder from Christmas last year is very small :( I remember going out and getting our tree because it was cold...so cold that I recall even I was complaining about the temperature and we just left our sleeping baby boy warm in the car (and I never even took a picture of him doing that.) I hope I can redeem myself and document the joy and traditions of our Christmas this year.
I didn't know exactly how Connor would respond to this new item arriving in our house. I knew he would be curious but didn't know if I'd be spending my days pulling pine needles out of his mouth and putting the lights back on the tree. So far he has been very good with the tree. He obsesses over a few ornaments, but I strategically placed non-breakable ones on the lowest branches knowing they would be pulled off. The ornaments were actually a really great incentive to get him walking! As I posted earlier, he took 17 steps while walking around the tree! It has been so sweet to watch him gaze at the tree with such curiosity. Each morning when we come downstairs he points and "asks" for me to turn the lights on for the tree and our garland. His love for this beautiful addition to our home makes us appreciate it even more!
What a difference a year makes!!! I cannot believe that he was not afraid of Santa..way to go Connor!
ReplyDeleteLovely!
ReplyDeletewww.chillinwithjill.blogspot.com