I realize that the first day of winter doesn't technically hit us until December 21st and the first day of fall was September 22nd (I am a little late with my farewell to summer), but I guess it never fails...every year summer seems to come and go far too quickly and fall is usually gone in the blink of an eye.

Last week we closed our eyes one night and woke up to this the next morning.

I love these pine trees, especially when it snows, they're beautiful. I recently asked my Dad how old they were. He said he wasn't sure and when he asked my Grandpa the same question Grandpa said he wasn't sure either, they had been big for as long as he could remember, he turned 85 this year!

An untouched path between the cow pasture and the barn

Some trees just look best when all of their leaves are gone and they are covered in snow like this one.

A swing that once held a sleepy, nearly naked baby on a hot summer day....

...now sits empty and frozen.

And that baby is now so bundled up he can barely move...

...so far Connor is not a huge fan of the snow :(

But he still LOVES the cows! It was really cold when we were outside and this was pretty much the only part of our 20 minute excursion that kept him content. I don't know what I'd do if he was afraid of the farm animals!!!

So long summer...we'll do our best to enjoy the snow...or at least the beautiful winter scenes just outside our front door. T-minus 6 months until the first day of Summer on June 21st, 2011...hang in there Minnesotans!
That swing is hilarious!
ReplyDelete