Sunday, August 28, 2011

20 Week Update

Friday morning was an exciting day in our journey to Baby Bittner #2...we had our 20 week ultrasound and got a chance to watch our sweet little one! I remember being amazed watching during this same ultrasound with Connor & it was the same thing all over again this time around. Rick & I both still didn't want to know the gender...so until January we're all in the dark!!


A perfect profile shot :)
Tiny, precious hands


And little bity toes just waiting to be tickled :)


At one point baby was face down & we got a perfect picture of his/her spine


Then minutes later we saw baby folded in half with legs/feet stretched all the way up to his/her head!!!

A front view of baby's face...we definitely couldn't define any traits that seemed "boy" or "girl", but the profile certainly looks familiar!

After the ultrasound I had my regular 20 week check up with Dr. Elias. Everything is going well and we didn't really have questions so the appointment was quick! Heart rate was at or just below 150 & I am measuring on track. I go back again in 4 weeks...I always LOVE listening to the heart beating away at these appointments!


Oh and other good news...I FINALLY started feeling movement...did I post that yet?!!? Officially the first kick was Tuesday August 23rd. Pretty much everything I'm feeling is very low, like kicks or punches to my bladder...just what it needs, something putting MORE pressure on it ;) This is an exciting milestone and I'm enjoying the little reminders of Baby B. plugging along through my days with me :)

And since I forgot to take my 20 week picture, please accept this one taken at 19 weeks!!


At 20 weeks I am continuing to feel great. I haven't noticed any foods that are bothering me, still don't have any consistant cravings for specific/weird food items and when Connor isn't keeping me up at night by crawling out of his crib I am sleeping comfortably (although many nights I do still wake up once for sure to use the bathroom).


Big things are yet to come. The following week alone includes a much needed haircut for me (nothing drastic), my 30th Birthday (no worries about the big 3-0 from this girl...bring it on!), a trip to the MN State Fair (yummy fair food!), and Labor Day weekend~the unofficial END of summer :( Needless to say, I think time will just keep ticking away and before I know it 20 weeks will become 25, 30, 35....January feels months away but will be here before I know it!


Hooray for half way & a healthy Baby B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. 20 weeks already??!! my guess is boy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess boy, too! Does the u/s look like connor's?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, cute ultrasound pics! Can't wait to meet Baby B! <3

    ReplyDelete