On many occasions recently I have heard Connor starting to repeat words or phrases that I say...some that I realize, others I don't. For instance, I was talking on the phone and responded to something the other person had said with a surprised tone by saying, "What the heck?!" Moments later, Connor, who was reading his way through a bin of books was quietly repeating to himself, "What the heck?!" Oooops! I have also caught him scolding himself saying, "Connor....Connor...no, no, no." And he even says it with this certain 'tone', it is pretty funny. And he definitely loves to repeat the phrase, "That's hilarious!" I guess I use that one alot!!!
Each night when we go upstairs for bedtime we sit in the rocking chair and read 2 books and then say his bedtime prayers. About a week ago I was made aware of yet another phrase and this one is just melting my heart. We would end our prayers and then every night I would turn Connor to face me on my lap & say "Come here & snuggle me." I'd get my last little fix of hugs & kisses before laying him down for bed. Well, now before I can even finish saying "Amen", Connor has started to wiggle his way around in my lap and is throwing his arms around my neck saying, "I gotta snuggle you." I just soak in the love pouring out of his tiny little body & snuggle him up! And since this past month has been a rough one in the sleep department for him/me, I guess this special snuggling takes a little of the bite out of the bedtime battle we've been having.
I truly enjoy hearing all the new things that are coming out of his mouth as we watch his little mind soak up new stuff on a daily basis, but "I gotta snuggle you" is going to remain at the top of my list of favorite phrases for sure!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment