Or at least several posts in a row....that is my goal!!! I've been hinting at updating for some time now and I'm finally getting down to it. So hold on to your hats people....we've got some news to share!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I realize I have been pretty much absent for the month of May, but I have a REALLY good excuse.............
We confirmed our exciting news on May 10th and I honestly think the very next day the pregnancy EXHAUSTION hit me like a ton of bricks. That means I started taking naps when Connor was napping, neglecting to fold laundry in a timely fashion, letting my dishes pile up for obsurd amounts of time (seriously). All down time seemed to be devoted to attempting to rest because I just couldn't keep up. This also meant the blog was not even close to the top of my list of "must accomplish" items most days. Let's face it, I was lucky to have 'take a shower' hit the top of my every day list!!!! ;)
So, how am I feelin', you ask? I am still tired but don't anticipate that changing very much for the next 6 or 7 years...you know...not until I am done having kids and they're all old enough to be sort of self sufficient. I am 9 weeks pregnant right now and for the first 2 weeks I felt nauseous almost all day long, everyday. This was a change from my pregnancy with Connor where I had some nausea, but it was mostly just in the mornings. For now that constant nausea seems to have left me, unless I don't eat on time...then it creeps back in. Evenings have been tough. I start to feel crummy around dinner time and then often it lasts right up until I fall asleep at night. Each day is a little different and overall I know I don't have much to complain about. We're excited and blessed to be entering into this exciting life event once again!!!
I have also joked that I caught a baby bug because I feel like there are a bunch of people that I know having babies again. The most exciting person in that "bunch" is my best friend, Missy!! She is due to have her 3rd baby on December 21st, 2011 so we're only about 3 weeks apart in our due dates! Our long time dream of sharing at least one pregnancy together has actually come true and we're REALLY excited!
I am already slacking on my mommy duties...I have not taken a profile pic of myself the way I did with my first pregnancy. I took one at 6 weeks before and now here I am 9 weeks pregnant and still haven't done it! I better get that on my list for tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are not planning on finding out the gender of this baby because we loved that it was a surprise with Connor, so I hope you can all hang in there with us until January to find out what we'll have...well you really have to choice....so sit back and enjoy the journey!
CONGRATS!!!! You mean you don't want to continue the class of 2000 twins trend following Sarah and Cassie????!?! :) It is also exciting that there is someone else who likes surprises too!! We are a rare breed these days! Congrats to you and your family again- Wishing you an easy and healthy pregnancy!!
ReplyDelete