Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Naughty Fingers

I just overheard Connor playing across the room from me. He was telling someone/something that it could go to timeout & stay there. From the corner of my eye I saw him walk over to the timeout spot & then he went back to playing. My curiosity couldn't stand it so I pretended like I was walking to the kitchen and looked to see which toy had been placed in a timeout. There was nothing there?! So I asked him, "Whatch-ya doin?!" He just looked up at me and smiled. Then I said, "Did someone have to take a timeout?" Again, he smiled...glanced at the timeout spot & smiled again. So I repeated my question. Then he said, "Fingers take a timeout. Naughty fingers."

He was playing with his toy chainsaw and has been frustrated with it lately because he can't press the two buttons hard enough at the same time to make it work so instead he just forces the toy chain (ie. metal beads) to spin around the chainsaw. I guess they weren't spinning so he said his "naughty fingers" hit the chainsaw when it didn't do what he wanted.

Now if only he would march his own little booty into the timeout spot when he didn't do what he was told...I can dream, can't I?!!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment