Monday, November 29, 2010

3 nights, 2 babies, 1 mommy...

Last week we hosted our niece/cousin, Emily, while her daddy was in the hospital having surgery on his broken ankle. We were thrilled to welcome another 1 year old into our house and help Auntie Becky out, leaving her free to stay at the hospital while Uncle Steve was recovering. What do 2 babies do for 3 days together?? Here are a few glimpses at our weekend...I should've taken more pictures but I think I spent so much time laughing at how funny these 2 are together that I forgot to grab my camera!!

Connor likes to read books...I caught them several times with a pile of books spilled around them on the floor and Connor flipping through the pages, 'reading' to Emily...SO cute!
Meal time was entertaining. Connor would sometimes place random pieces of food from his tray in that small cup holder on the far left side...once in a while Emily would notice the food in there and take it. Sometimes when she did that Connor would get mad and swat her hand away!

They took a bath together and Connor went WILD!!! Emily did a little splashing of her own but she seriously spent most of the bath with one arm clinging to the side of the tub as she watched her cousin and attempted to avoid the constant spray of water.

They busted out their pink and blue PJs and enjoyed some relaxing playtime before heading to bed for the first night. They really play so well together, it is adorable!

They helped eachother with the stacking rings before we went to church on Thanksgiving morning...

...and then napped together on the way home from church. They needed their rest for the big Thanksgiving meal and more fun with all the cousins later that day! (I didn't take a single picture at our actual Thanksgiving gathering...oops!)

By the second day that had worked out a system during mealtime. Connor would finish his food first, get cleaned up and then stand next to Emily's tray so she could feed him the remaining food on her tray...this way they could go and play that much faster ;)

This picture was after their 3rd sleepover night...Emily was up at 6:15 AM followed quickly by Connor at 6:30 AM...they loved being together so much they had to squeeze every moment out of their time!!



Just 2 little babies lounging...waiting for the sun to come up...yes, I was waiting for the coffee to brew :) Thanks for being such a wonderful house guest, Emily! We can't wait for our next sleepover!!!

2 comments: