Wednesday, November 24, 2010

More Please

I have made a half hearted attempt at teaching Connor a tiny bit of sign language over the last few months. Well, honestly I just started with teaching him to sign "more" because I got so frustrated listening to him whine and fuss in his high chair. Now, for the most part he can ask for more on his own or will at least sign for more when I say, "Would you like some more ______?" Even though he leaves one hand open and touches his fingers into the open palm, we still consider it as a genuine request.

The whining and complaining has made an appearance again, but now it happens when he is frustrated with not being able to open a zipper, remove a cap or pull a toy out of the toy tote (a.k.a. laundry basket). I have been working to teach him to sign "please" which is a circular motion on your chest. He finally did it a few times today, although the circle is showing up more across his lower abdomen than chest...but I am not a stickler on technicalities at this point ;) I'll have to try and post a video sometime so he can show off his super signing skillzzz...all two of them!!

1 comment:

  1. Emory signs please the same way (on her tummy) and it is my FAVORITE!

    ReplyDelete