Thursday, November 11, 2010

Can I get a woot woot?!!!?!

Well people...I did it. I finally clicked on that little tab in the upper right hand corner of my computer screen, the one that says "Create Blog", and here I am...creating! For the 6 of you that have realistically been wondering just when I would do this, please feel free to jump for joy (or at least congratulate me on taking my sweet time to get on this). After years of following many of my close family and friends and a few random bloggers out there I too am entering the blogging world. I am hopeful that my effort to detail glimpses of the years to come (and probably a few trips down memory lane) will prove entertaining in some form to anyone reading.

So, why start today? Is there a significant meaning behind chosing today? Did I give myself a deadline and Nov. 11th was IT?!! Nope...a few good reasons why I chose today. I washed my dirty dishes immediately after dinner, so they weren't eating up my time tonight. I have FAR too many clean clothes to put away right now and creating this blog will probably take less time. The Apprentice is on TV...not a fan. My son is sleeping peacefully upstairs which means I can use the computer without worrying that he will try and a) steal the mouse b) unplug it from the wall c) throw all of our DVDs onto the floor while I am typing d) all 3 of the above at once...this is the most likely option ;) To be honest I just didn't feel like cleaning, picking up or organizing anything tonight...sanity time, right?! Really though, I just kind of figured it was about time I start writing things down, before life gets busy....errr, busier?

Can I try to briefly catch you up to speed on how I got to where I am today and the premise of my blog title?

May 1999 - Went to my junior prom with a handsome guy from my highschool. We were set up by our mutual best friends
*Little did we know this was the beginning of a lifelong journey
Sept 1999 - Became that handsome guy's girlfriend (yeah, he asked me to "go out" with him)
Sept 2000 - After graduating from highschool that guy and I went off to college together...ahh, young love ;)
Sept 2000 through May 2004 - Survived college and truly fell in love with the handsome guy
April 1, 2005 - Got engaged...it wasn't an April Fool's joke...he really meant it!
May 20, 2006 - Married the handsome guy (I promise...he is much more than just handsome)
*Clearly a milestone in this journey! We are forever changed for the better by this incredible day.
Oct 11, 2009 - Our little Baby B. made his way into this world! We welcomed Connor David Bittner into our lives and our journey...and once again we are forever changed.

Clearly there were MANY things happening from May 1999 until today, but I just don't have time for it all...not today at least. I can only invite you into the journey at it's present state. The one where I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, Christ follower and more. I suppose it makes sense that I will post alot about my experiences as a wife & mother...bringing up Bittners.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! AWESOME! Welcome to the world of bloggers! I can't wait to follow you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAY Nomes! I am one of the 6 that have been waiting for this day for a long time...cannot wait to keep up with the Bittners on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto! I'm one of the 6 too! Yippeee for the blog! I am looking forward to all the fun stories, pictures, and whatever else makes its way onto the blog. Have fun with it!

    p.s. my parents also got engaged on April 1... I had forgotten that you did too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!! Been waiting for this day for awhile. Happy to be one of "the six." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome, Nao! I know I'm a little late to the game, but I promise, I am going to catch up on your blog. I love it so far!

    ReplyDelete