Fall = deer hunting season, which means that daddy is gone for a few weekends in search of a big buck (or at least a deer of some form to help fill our freezer). This year he even went away to WI to hunt....here is how Connor and I spent part of one of our days while home alone...

Mommy emptied out the dishwasher and Connor climbed right in to "fill it up"

We practiced our sign language. I happened to catch a perfect shot of him signing "more"!!

Connor stayed out of the kitchen long enough for me to sweep the floor and move the shoes over to make room for this bench. Our kitchen is
small, but the bench (an early christmas gift from my parents) is a nice spot for the diaper bag and other random items that always seem to pile up on my table. Oh yeah, it does also provide a nice spot to set Connor on while I bundle him with all of the required winter gear!

As usual, Connor removed his socks and left them on the floor...Daddy wouldn't approve...he is rarely seen without his socks on!

Connor had a little quiet time reading some of his favorite books (this may have been happening while I was cleaning the kitchen)

I helped Connor learn how to drink out of this water bottle which quickly became an obsession. I think we had a few extra wet diapers that day!

We sorted out the baby rattles, teethers, crinkle toys and unused binkys and bleached everything. We put it all in a bin for storage until Baby Bittner #2 comes along.

Connor spotted these soft rubber blocks in the bin and played with them on and off ALL day long. I thought it was funny because he hadn't touched them in months when they were mixed in with all the other toys...threaten to put them away in a bin and suddenly they are his favorite thing!

Too cool for school...the sunglasses have been a recent fav among all the toys. We often find them placed on his head backwards or slanted to one side. This time he got it just right and I told him repeatedly what a "cool dude" he was...wet shirt and all ;)
Daddy came home to a clean and organized kitchen, no deer this time :( And Connor got to show off his shades, the water bottle trick and a toy box that was just a little less full than before. I guess we're making room for new toys at Christmas!
Wow, you got a lot accomplished during those hunting weeks! I'm really impressed. And Connor was a good little helper too. ;) Love all the pics.
ReplyDelete