Rewind 6 years ago to April 1st, 2005 - That is the day that Rick & I got engaged!! Yep, my then boyfriend that loved to play practical jokes on his friends, mom or sisters had actually decided that April Fool's Day was THE BEST day to propose to me!?!?!!!? (Truth be told he had had the ring for just over a week and "it was burning a hole in his pocket". He couldn't stand the secret any longer!!)
Since I am not a practical joker the thought never once crossed my mind about the date (and who jokes about an engagement anyway?!!) Obviously I said "Yes!"
Rick had asked for my Dad's blessing on our engagement, so my Dad knew it was coming (he hoped it would be soon too because he had to keep the secret from my Mom & Me!!) It was fun to share our news with family & friends that evening and the following day...ahhh, memories....I almost can't believe this was SIX years ago!?!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment