Friday, October 21, 2011

Connor's 2nd Birthday Party

We celebrated Connor's 2nd Birthday with a party at our house on Oct. 15th. Until the guests started to arrive I don't think he had any clue that the day was different than any other :)

We had a Bob the Builder/Construction theme. Connor is WAY into trucks, excavators, bulldozers, etc. right now. He LOVED this Bob the Builder table cloth & kept yelling "There's Bob, right there!!"
Rick set out a few of the construction equipment toys outside our door to welcome guests.

Here is our big birthday boy enjoying his juice box & supper...pizza!!!!

A birthday cake covered with diggers & dumpers...working hard on a pile of dirt (a.k.a. brownies!!)

The beginning of gift opening...Connor already had a car in his hand at this point & wasn't too interested in opening his gifts...he just wanted to P-L-A-Y!!!!

His face says it all....Cookie Monster talks/sings & Connor is beyond leery of his new blue friend...we have yet to remove him from the box & at this point I think we'll save him for a later date...a "new" toy sometime after Christmas will probably be a welcome change ;)

His frustrated face...."WHY do I have to open these gifts!?!" Other kids were playing...he just wanted to join in!

We got a little smile out of some pictures in his new ABC book that Grandma made for him

And some definite love for this "big fan" (wheel) to store some of his Hot Wheel cars in

I feel like I did most of the gift opening just to keep things moving along...Connor checked this out but most of his attention was focused on....

...cars...he received a lot of new cars & just had to start playing with them...immediately!

Another gift that will have to make a re-appearance at a later date. He got a motorized Harley Motorcycle but hasn't quite bonded with it just yet ;) I'll be happy to send him outside with it this spring where he can cruise around & ride!

Shuffling through the aftermath of giftwrap & bags...he is on a mission

FINALLY! The window was open & he got to play with some of his new cars...a favorite past time for this little guy.

Zooming cars & his brand new school bus along the window sill...it's the simple things I guess!

And then it was time for candles, cake & ice cream!!!! He is contemplating turning 2 & trying to decide how he'll like it ;)

Good stuff & a great party!!!!


Happy Birthday again to our sweet Little Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment