Today is my official 39 Week marker of pregnancy. Although I have an official post, I do not have an official picture. I forgot to have Rick take it before I left for my appointment this morning & then he went to bed right after I got home...so...please settle for this update...and maybe later I'll get a pic ;)
I saw a different docotor today because Dr. Elias is on vacation & she was great! It is nice to see some of the different doctors once in a while because obviously you just never know who will be on call when you deliver & if I ever need to schedule with someone else I can at least have a name or two of people that I like. (Random side note...sorry...on to the update!!)
Baby B. & me are healthy & just inching closer to the due date of January 11th! My blood pressure remains very healthy & I forgot to ask for baby's heart rate today but docotor commented that it looked great & she noticed a nice increase in the heart rate when Baby B. gave a big kick while we were listening :) Good job Baby B!!!!
I am still dilated to 2 cm & 50% effaced, no significant change from last week. The doctor did let me know in advance that she would strip membranes today as long as she knew I was already dilated & effaced....not a comfortable experience, but she said it can definitely help to keep things progressing & that is what I'm hoping for at this point! Oh & skip this next sentence if you don't want to hear about mucous...but this is my documentation of pregnancy (for now at least). I did lose part of my mucous plug on Sunday...although I have not dilated or effaced any further since the last appointment that was one more change pointing us closer to labor!!!
So...the waiting game continues & with each braxton hick contraction I wonder if the next one will become painful or maybe my water will suddenly break! The anticipation & excitement of it all is what keeps me going & is probably what keeps me from getting overwhelmingly upset at how horrible I have been sleeping lately. That & my cute little Connor...I find myself wondering if each naptime or bedtime story/snuggle session will be our last with just the 2 of us?! I am feeling bittersweet excitement when I think about him becoming a big brother. I can't wait for it & I also get sentimental thinking of how big my baby boy is going to seem.
That being said...before I send myself into a full-on sob session....I'll just sign off.
Please say a prayer for a healthy baby/delivery whenever the time is RIGHT!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment