Nolan officially turned 2 weeks old yesterday...and here goes...I'm already going to say it...
I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FAST TIME IS ALREADY FLYING!!!!!
Yes, the cliche statement remains true yet again...despite our best efforts to make time pass by slowly & keep our babies little tiny babies for as long as possible...they just keep growing.
Yesterday marked my first official outing with the two boys ALL-BY-MYSELF.
As Connor was having a borderline meltdown (due to being overly tired from being up with croup part of the night before) and Rick was helping me to get ready to walk out the door he said "Are you sure you want to do this?" (meaning bring both kids to the doctor) I paused, looked at him & said, "Honestly, no I don't...but I don't have a choice. This is life now, right?!" LOL...crazy, crying, tired...life.
Actually our trip went very well & Connor changed his tune once he got out the door & breathed a little fresh air. I felt like I needed 8 more sets of hands to juggle the infant carseat, the diaper bag & my busy 2 year old...but we made it in & out of the clinic together & tear free, minus a short time that Nolan cried because he had to get undressed.
Here are the 2 week stats on our sweet little Nolan :)
Weight: 8 lb. 5 oz. (37.08%)
Height: 1' 9.25" (72.14%)
Head Circ: 14.72" (57.21%)
Nolan has gained 1 pound since coming home from the hospital!! Overall he is a very good eater, generally much faster than his big brother was (Connor was SOOOOO sleepy while nursing!). He tends to eat every 2-3 hours & has thrown out a couple of slightly longer stretches. He naps through basically anything that is happening around him during the day (another BIG difference from Connor) & has been sleeping pretty good at night too. He is a sweet & happy baby & we don't hear him crying unless he is hungry, getting tired or has an upset tummy. And he is starting to stay awake for longer stretches of time during the day. We love to talk to him, watch his funny faces & listen to his sweet little baby noises during these awake times! Nolan generally doesn't seem phased at all by a sometimes smothering big brother & he is a good snuggle buddy for Mommy & Daddy at any time during the day or night.
We LOVE him & can't believe how blessed we are by another beautiful baby boy!



You and your little babies. :) Nolan looks so much like you, Nomes! And btw, you look awesome. We miss you guys!
ReplyDelete