December 28th marked my official 38 week marker of pregnancy!! After being pretty off/delingquent in the picture taking department for the last several posts I actually got my act together (ie; dressed & showered) & took a picture on THE RIGHT DATE ;)
So...here's me...sporting my 38 weeks pregnant "glow"
I personally feel it is more of a "I look & feel really tired, so I put a little bronzer on my face to try & help make things look better" look...
Today I went to the doctor for my check up & was excited to learn I've made some progress since last week!Baby B.'s heart rate was still about 130 & he/she continues to be active & growing at this point & is also still head down. Dr. Elias said I am dilated to 2 cm & about 50% effaced!! Clearly it is all still a waiting game as my contractions are irregular & not painful...but time will tell. And if Connor keeps me climbing the stairs at night I suppose it is only a matter of time before I end up in labor ;) Dr. 'guessed' that baby may weigh around 7lb. 6 oz. right now...and then reminded me that normal birth weights range between 6-9 lbs. I'm not worried about a huge baby, mostly was just curious to hear what he would say about the weight.
I'm feeling 'good' for 38 weeks. As I've said, I'm tired, my bladder is full on a more than regular basis & I feel myself slowing down as each day draws to an end.
And just a personal high note from my appointment...I only gained 1 lb since my appointment last week & I am only mentioning it as a high note because we had THREE Christmas celebrations between those appointments...which meant LOADS of yummy food :) I suppose part of me was prepared for a big jump in numbers...whew ;)
Stay tuned for future updates...we're for sure hoping that Baby B. holds off until 2012 to make an appearance...I have some cleaning to do & Rick has some hauling of baby items out of the basement to do!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment