Monday, December 12, 2011

Potty Chair - Another First

Today was Connor's first time going potty on the potty chair!!!


He has sat on it several times, asks to sit on it occasionally & for the most part has shown very little/random interest in himself actually using it. Today after breakfast I let him run around in just his diaper for a while...we weren't planning to leave the house & what kid doesn't love a little near naked play time, right?! He ended up wandering into the kitchen, naked & said "I gonna sit on a potty chair." So away we went to the bathroom! He is usually so busy checking out the potty training seat, kleenex box or anything else within reach that I figured this time would be like the others where he never actually sat still long enough to even attempt to go. Well...my little wiggle worm proved me wrong & after about a minute we had a couple little streams of pee!!!!


***INSERT EXCESSIVE CHEERING, APPLAUDING & PRAISE HERE***


I made a BIG deal out of his tiny little pee accomplishment & rewarded him with a tootsie roll treat to boot :) He was far more excited about the treat than the actual cheering & clapping and so far there has been no further potty talk. Just a poopy diaper ;)


But this certainly marks a milestone for him!! I'm beyond realistic enough to know that I may very likely have 2 kids in diapers in about 1 months time...but I'm happy to see this exciting first step. Just one more sign pointing to my current baby taking another step farther away from "baby" status...this is one step I'm happy to encourage & willingly say farewell to!!

2 comments:

  1. Funny because I suggested to Silas that he try undies today. He insisted on wearing three pair, all at once. And then was annoyed that they were all bunched up. Then he peed in them while eating lunch in his highchair and it didn't even phase him. I feel like he will never be ready! Half of me doesn't care and would rather change diapers than wipe up pee, but the other half cusses under my breath every time I have to clean more than one poopy diaper a day by more than one child! YAy for Connor and all the best to you in this new potty journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh Angel!! I mentioned undies to Connor the next day (just to see what he would say) & he abruptly responded "All done" which is his definitive version of NO WAY MAMA!! So, all in good time. At this point I am ok with changing diapers vs. pee or anything else on my floors...I may be changing my tune when I have a slew of newborn diapers to change PLUS toddler poops too...eek!

    ReplyDelete