****FYI - I wrote this post a week ago (12.20.11) & meant to take a picture of myself & then post this update...well...I never took the pic, but here is the update****
I had a 37 week appointment this morning to see how things were going/growing with me & Baby B. I'm happy & thankful to report another healthy check up for us!!
Baby's heart rate today was 130 again & I measured right on track for 37 weeks. Dr. Elias said we could 'write the book on pregnancy' based on my stats this time around. I'm so thankful for a healthy pregnancy & really still have no major complaints or problems to report. What a blessing to have made it this far along & be able to say that I am just feeling tired & experiencing normal aches/pains of pregnancy!
**This is not to say I haven't complained...I have...I am tired...daily...nightly...tired...not sleeping well at all but this is "normal" at this stage in the game so I'm just saying I have no major worries & fears stressing me about my pregnancy thus far.**
Dr. Elias did check to see if I had began making any progress toward a start at early labor & confirmed I am dilated to 1 cm but still have a way to go before anything really starts happening. That is JUST fine with me! I'm happy to experience Christmas this coming weekend as a mother of one :) My mind keeps saying "focus on Christmas & time with family this week...focus on baby prep AFTER that." My braxton hicks contractions continue to be pain free but apparently they are doing a little work at getting my body ready when the time is right. Doctor also confirmed that baby is head down at this point & should stay that way..whew! We also discussed some pain management options for labor & reviewed the WHEN TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL CUES/SIGNS...just in case I had forgotten that I should probably go in if my water breaks ;)
I'll be going in for weekly check ups from now on...so be prepared next week for another progress report!
No comments:
Post a Comment