Friday, Jan. 14th - Began smoothie/milk adventure
Sunday, Jan. 16th - Dropped our AM nursing session
Monday, Jan 17th - Dropped the PM nursing session and I am suddenly done breast feeding...just like that!?!
I had originally planned to wean Connor at 1, but when we hit our roadblock with the milk things changed a little bit. I never imagined I'd drop 2 nursing sessions in a 2 day time period but it just sort of happened. We had a very off night on Saturday which resulted in a late wake up time on Sunday. We had both slept about 2 hours past his normal AM feeding so I figured I would just drop that session and maybe do the PM session for a little longer. Well, Monday rolled around and I hadn't factored in my last minute plans to be gone for the evening. I was on my way to dinner with a couple of friends and just decided that it was time and my night out of the house was kind of the perfect push to just make it happen.
If I factor in my 9 (technically 10) months of pregnancy plus the last 15 months of breast feeding, I have been 'sharing' my body with someone for the last 25 months!! Woah! Minus our bumpy start (see post from Jan 9th) I had a very good experience breastfeeding as a first time mom. I feel blessed to have been able to do it for as long as I did and know it was worth every ounce of worry, anxiety or stress I experienced in those first long months!
Yea Naomi!!
ReplyDelete