As previously mentioned we've been working on getting Connor to drink whole milk and aside from a few sips here and there we hadn't experienced much success. At the suggestion of our pediatrician I gave things another whirl and played on Connor's LOVE for fruit. I started adding whole milk to fruit smoothies and ta-dah...he drank it!!! The mix is currently 1 part milk to 2 parts smoothie and I'll gradually increase the milk to smoothie ratio. Connor thinks it is a treat to drink such a yummy fruity drink and a double treat that he gets to use a straw...it's the little things that count when you're 15 months old ;)
I was telling Rick how 'sneaky' I was being by adding the milk to these smoothies and smiling as Connor slurped them down. Rick responded by saying "Gross!" Gross as in, why would you add milk to a fruit smoothie!?!?! He said it just doesn't seem like it belongs in there. I quickly informed him that every time I make smoothies for us I add milk to those too. I guess Connor isn't the only one getting his daily dose of calcium & vitamin D without realizing it!
My next sneaky endeavor? Figuring out a way to add green peppers to our pepperoni pizza without Rick noticing them!
I have a feeling this one won't go over very well :(
I love that Rick is just as picky as your 15month old! HAHA -Angel
ReplyDelete