Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cover Your Ears

Connor has started screaming. In the last few days we've noticed him doing this when he gets frustrated or irritated with something. He just lets out a high-pitched, short scream, sometimes multiple ones in a row depending on what the frustrating situation is & how quickly it is resolved.


Super - Awesome - New - Trick - Ugh


He did it last night while at my parents house, so they were "lucky" enough to witness it for the first time. A toy bus was stuck in a bucket & he couldn't get it out. Unfortunately, Connor has a pretty short temper so it only took him a couple seconds to become totally frustrated with the stuck toy & let out a scream. Grandpa coached him through getting it out & then all was well again :) I laughed/vented with my parents about this new sound & my dad reminded me that the short fuse was probably/unfortunately something passed down (at least coming down through the Anderson side). I don't know if this makes it easier to deal with or not...but I guess it just means that I'll have to reign in my (also inherited) short fuse & try to offer up a little more patience to my son until the screaming stops.


Wish me luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment