Tonight Connor & I got in "trouble" from Rick for 2 different reasons...both are still making me laugh.
First, I took the easy way out and gave Connor some chicken nuggets for dinner. He hasn't been feeling great for the last couple of days which means he hasn't been eating great either. Nuggets were quick and like I said...easy way out for one night. Well, the deal with nuggets is that Connor likes to eat them with a toothpick. I guess I had forgotten that Rick had yet to observe this eating habit since it generally occurs during lunch. I turned around and saw Rick feeding the nugget bites to Connor off the toothpick and I told him he liked to do it himself. Rick said, "You let him handle the toothpick?!!?!" Call me careless but I've watched Connor eat numerous meals off one of those littles sticks and he has yet to aquire any sort of injury. I am honestly not a reckless parent...I just have a spouse that worries WAY more than I do...I'm always getting in "trouble" for things like the toothpick...eek!
Second, Connor likes to push buttons on anything he can get his hands on. If he knows he can change a screen, make a noise or both at the same time he is ALL about it! He especially loves to find our cell phones and see if he can send text messages or make long distance calls ;) As he was pointing to my phone and repeating a word over and over I laughed and told Rick to listen. When he wants a phone lately he has been saying "show-tay". Random...I know, but he says it consistantly and it has been cracking me up. So Rick got him to repeat it a few more times and then told Connor "you can't be making up your own language, Dude."
At least I wasn't the only one being scolded tonight ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment