Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Worth the Wait

My faith, family & friends are at the top of my list of 'loves' in my life...obviously. I have another love though...can I tell you about it?
I LOVE Home Goods!!
I don't even have to buy anything when I go there...although I pick out things throughout the whole store and mentally put them in my house ;) I just love to wander through the isles (especially the clearnance ones) and see all the different stuff they have. Their inventory changes all the time so each time you go you can find new things! Don't get me wrong, I love to find things that I actually buy when I go...I consider it a bonus to the experience when I get to do that.
My trips to this wonderful store have become less frequent since Connor joined me as my shopping partner. He is never as interested or thrilled about entering Home Goods as I am and I generally give him a sucker or some kind of snack to eat so I can make it at least half way through the store before he decides it is time to leave.
Sometime last year I started looking at their full length mirrors and decided I wanted to start saving to get one for our house. Each time I was at the store I'd browse their selection and then for my birthday & Christmas last year I asked for gift cards to help with my purchase. Last week my mom & I went to Home Goods together (which was wonderful because she even entertained Connor by looking at the animal/garden stuff so I could browse ALONE for a little while!). On the final leg of my routine sweep (yes, I browse the store in generally the same route each time) I checked through the mirrors & found one! It was priced right (less than all the previous ones I had looked at) and was basic black, no details...just a plain, thick trim....
We haven't hung it on the wall yet but I am pretty certain this spot, at the bottom of our stairs, will be its new home!! Thanks to any of you that gave me a gift card for my birthday or Christmas...I LOVE my gift and it was definitely worth the wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment