I mentioned that Rick was on vacation last week and since it was a BEAUTIFUL summer week, we had something planned pretty much every day. Among those plans was my 12 week doctor appointment!! Due to my previous OB doc switching clinic locations I am now seeing the doctor that actually delivered Connor. I had been to him for a few of my prenatal appointments with Connor as well as most of my appointments during my breast abscess ordeal. So I already knew I liked/trusted him and it just made sense so I didn't have to switch clinic locations.
As far as appointments go it was totally routine. I didn't have many questions since I've been feeling mostly o.k., and whatever sickness I have had is just to be expected for now. I did actually get sick on the morning of this appointment, which was a first for me during pregnancy. I think it had more to do with the bad sunburn I got the day before than morning sickness...eek! (I am peeling like crazy right now and definitely kicking myself for not applying sunscreen all over like I know I should!!!)
So...as I said, it was a routine appointment. Baby Bittner's heart rate was at 164 and Dr. Elias said baby is "happy" in there. I am nearing the end of my first trimester and risk of miscarriage is drastically decreasing as I approach that milestone. I enjoyed getting caught up with Dr. Elias again and we went over my breast abscess history because it had been over a year since he'd seen me. He is very supportive and encouraging about breastfeeding and I thanked him again for being an advocate for me when I was being told I HAD to stop.
I will be back in for another check at the end of July...I am sure by then I'll be starting to feel some movement!!!!!!!!!!
Oh....and I took a picture of myself (at 13 weeks) this morning...but forgot to load it, sorry...I'll post one eventually!
No comments:
Post a Comment