Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sweet 16

We have hit the 2nd trimester full force which means I am in the "honeymoon" phase of pregnancy. You know...the time where the morning sickness or all day sickness (whatever you've got) has finally dwindled, your energy level is creeping back up and in general life is just good. I have to say that I'd agree with all of the above. I am 2 weeks into my second trimester and I haven't had any nausea for 2 weeks, I can tell I'm feeling less tired (unless the heat index or humidity creep up too high...then I am zapped & drained no matter what I do) and in general all is well!


I had a 16 week appointment with Dr. Elias today and he confirmed that things are progressing right on track. We listened to Baby B's heart beat again today and it came in at a strong 155. I am due for another check up in 4 weeks and will also have my 20 week ultrasound the same day!!! Rick gets to come with to this appointment and we both really enjoyed the ultrasound experience of watching our little one move around on the screen the first time around, so we're anxious for this appointment!!


Here is my 16 week picture (taken yesterday).

And below is my 16 week picture from my pregnancy with Connor. I think 16 weeks was when I finally felt like I had 'popped' and it felt that I was obviously pregnant. I remember being really excited about that. I certainly feel like I have been obviously pregnant for several weeks longer with this pregnancy but it is fun and exciting to see a growing baby bump!!!
I haven't felt any movement quite yet but am sure that is on the horizon!
I'm feeling thankful and blessed for this gift of life and a healthy pregnancy so far!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment