Rick was on vacation last week so we took one of his days off and headed to Duluth (Connor called it "Duwoof"). We had a great time and a beautiful day on the North Shore!!!

Connor kicked off the day with a little nap in the car on the way there. This was a good thing because it was pretty likely he wouldn't be getting his usual afternoon nap in...40 min in the car would have to do!!

We arrived in Canal Park just in time to hear the lift bridge going up for this HUGE ship that was coming in. Connor was in awe of the big boat and the lake. Perfect timing!
Prior to driving into Canal Park we made our stop for lunch at
Fitgers. We all enjoyed their delicious beer battered french fries, Rick & I both had great burgers and Connor nibbled a little bit on grilled cheese. He was too distracted by a new location to focus on food. Rick also sampled some of their delicious local brews...someday I won't be pregnant when we stop in for a meal so I can enjoy a locally brewed beer too :)

After we enjoyed some walking along the lake shore in Canal Park we drove over the lift bridge and out to Park Point Beach. Connor was ready to get out of the stroller and explore...this was the perfect place!!

He wasted no time in cooling off his feet in the chilly waters of Lake Superior. It was surprisingly warm & sunny outside that day and the water felt great!

Connor also enjoyed finding rocks in the sand to throw into the lake...Rick appears to be practicing some modeling poses in the background ;) We laughed later when a woman was walking around handing out fliers to girls on the beach. I overheard her explaining it was information for a beauty pageant. Weird that she didn't ask me to get involved?! Maybe it was because I am 12 weeks pregnant and clearly showing????!

We spent a good amount of time just throwing little rocks into the water.

It made him VERY happy!!

And he didn't have much time for stopping to take a picture with Mommy!!

And of course...the inevitable happened...he fell in...face first and I think he loved every second of it! Minus the initial shock of the cold water, he wasn't phased and just kept on playing.

The sand was PERFECT for digging...so soft and warm!

Wet kid + sandy beach = SUPER sandy diaper

Toes in the sand...life is good

Watching a low flying airplane with Daddy

I am sure he is wondering why I wouldn't just let him play...I was trying hard to get a picture of him smiling at me!
Once we got Connor changed and as much of the sand dusted off as we could we packed up and drove back across the lift bridge in search of water. Did I mention it was warmer than we had anticipated???!!? After a hydration stop we took off to find
Enger Tower, an attraction in Duluth we had yet to see.

This is the beautiful view from the top of the tower!

A quick family picture! Connor's lack of a nap was starting to catch up with him so we had to bust out the binky ;)

He did give me one more little smile though.

Looks like somebody had a good time in "Duwoof" today!!!!
Love reading about your trip to Duwoof! It looks like a wonderful family time and you had gorgeous weather. Beautiful pics too.
ReplyDelete